Friday, April 12, 2019

Glowy Green Scorpion Mech

o/

Funny story: running on auto-pilot (apparently),
I almost published this post on DLWDG...

As mentioned previously, I ordered a 3D-printed Scorpion (among others) off of ebay recently. However when it arrived it came in a funky, translucent green resin that I rather liked the look of and didn't want to paint over. So...I just painted the base instead and made a 1-off, Capellan stealth armored variant of it. 

Stealth armor or not, it still has dirty feet!

Stealth armor isn't invented till the civil war era, meaning my cappies won't be able to fight in the earlier time periods that I prefer, but that's alright. It just means Rob and his Blitzkrieg/Berserker shenanigans and Screech and his overcompensating Clans will have something just as cheesy across the board from them!

For anyone who's interested in how I kitted this out, the 'DC' in the variant name stands for 'Death Commandos' as I figure this would be right up their alley!

My apologies if the record sheet is a bit lo-rez, blogger really didn't like this file...

5 comments:

  1. That thing does look pretty awesome in the translucent resin. Artemis seems like a bit of an odd choice, since you can't use it when the Stealth Armor is active. I do really like that it actually has enough Heat Sinks to function when the Armor is on, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...crap I forgot about the artemis & ECM conflict. I'm thinking streaks will be a lost cause as well. Oh well, will have to make an adjustment I guess, thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just slathered another ton of armor on in lieu of the artemis IV, wasn't really any room to fit anything else.

      Delete
  3. That deserves an entire lance of green translucent Mechs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with that is trying to guess which mechs will be produced in that resin. I also got a Cataphract in the same purchase, but it was printed in an entirely different resin type which would look far better painted.

      Delete