Monday, April 15, 2019

AC-2s, for when you want to reach out and annoy someone!

o/

60 - 80 tons of: yawn...

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the lowly AC-2 Carrier. By and large, its near worthless, though in a few, very rare instances its brutally effective. In the latter case, back when I had an Alacorn lance, I found that an AC-2 carrier parked next to said lance with all 5 sitting up on a ridge was more or less nerd rage inducing. Indeed, I think it was the only time Rob serious thought of throwing dice at me in a game, lol! 

I don't think black edging helps in any way when it comes to camouflage, but it looks good on the mini. Also, can ya tell where I pried up the turret? 

The lowly AC carrier was simply ignored, whilst he tried in vain to silence the 12 Gauss rifles that were murdering his mechs. With a sigh of relief, he realized he had survived the gauss onslaught of the 1st turn only for the AC-2 carrier (an LBX variant) to open up as well. He was kinda perplexed until the the carrier scored several hits-all of them internals, and finished off a few stricken mechs with brutal efficiency! 

This will serve in my generic PDF conventional company.

Alas, I haven't had any murder machines to park my AC Carrier next to in years. That, combined with it's cardboard armor, slow speed, and lack of a turret, its rarely used, and if it is, its easily dispatched. So, I popped off the top, turning it back into a turret, now this will serve as an AC-2 Partisan. 

Ugh, you can see where I've beat up on this old mini over the years. Looks like it needs a few more touch ups.

The Partisan fulfills the same function as an AC Carrier (though I can still use this as either), only better as it has more (though still thin) armor, and the weapons are turret mounted. This tank is converted out of an old, Clan Oro. Its been around the block many a time and it shows. Still, I dislike the canon mini for the partisan as it's thin, spindly gun barrels bend just when ya look at 'em, much less touch 'em. 


On a different note, my buddy Kushial just started a Battletech Blog of his own! Check it out here: https://kushialbattletech.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, spamming Internal hits after something more substantial has cracked open a few locations is the best use I've ever heard of for AC/2s. I think I'd still rather use something fast with SRMs, like a Javelin or something, but I definitely see how this could work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately the Alacorn/AC Carrier trick only worked once. On subsequent attempts to repeat that tactic, the fragile AC carrier was taken out almost immediately every time.

    It is fun to fill the multiple ammo bays with precision ammo though, park it in a corner and just irritate your opponent all game. They don't want to be bothered with having to kill it, yet it never leaves them alone...

    ReplyDelete