Friday, April 5, 2019

(Clan) WOLVERINES!!!! Finished.

o/

Well, I guess that this is the unplanned part two of my prior post. 

The battlefields have temporally fallen silent, however at the same time the painting bug has kicked in as the allergy nightmare wanes (albeit slowly), and as such I've managed to finish all three of my Starter box Wolverines for my Clan Wolverine, Zeta Galaxy mech star (yeesh, that's a bit of a mouthful). 

The curse of starter box minis of all game systems: the lack of pose-ability.

I only bought a single starter box, traded my Shadowhawk for Hoss' Wolverine to get the 2nd one, and then bought a third off of ebay. I had considered getting a fourth but got over it. Three identical minis were enough to paint me thinks. 

Its just a jump to the left...

That and whilst well armored and quite maneuverable, they're a bit lacking in the offensive firepower department having only a UAC-5, MPL and SRM-6 with Artemis IV. They're good, but hardly a powerhouse unit. 

...and a step to the right!

(lol, sorry. But hey, have fun with the Time Warp stuck in your head for the rest of today!)

I varied up the blue and yellow trim, true it may not be proper nose art, but it gives each mech and its respective pilot a bit of individuality. Also one is stepping over the wrecked, rusted all to hell and half buried tank of some sort. Probably a victim of one of the Pentagon Wars.

Interestingly, Catapults are on both sides of the RSOK RAT tables, so this mini may go to the Wolverines as well...

Next in line is my Thunderbolt which can be seen already base coated behind my slightly converted Catapult (this pic was from a FB post I made earlier this week). 

2 comments:

  1. They look good! The variation in the blue and yellow is a nice way of getting some individuality out of the duplicate sculpts.

    A lot of the older (in terms of our world chronology, when they were designed by FASA) Mechs are under-gunned, but it's most noticeable on the slew of them that have AC/5s as their main weapon. I really do not understand what they were thinking when they balanced that gun and the AC/2. The improved range and lower heat compared to a laser or something of the same damage are not worth that much extra weight, plus being ammo-dependent.

    The wrecked tank is a nice touch for a Clan mech of this era, too. "Welp, that's why we don't use *those* anymore!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know I did reply to this...or so I thought. Oh well, technology. Yeah my Clan force is still kinda influx (well, all forces are until painted). Trying to find something with some real punch out of my limited collection to compliment the Wolverines.

    Oh, and thank you as always for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete