Monday, July 29, 2019

DISASTER AVERTED!!!

o/

Our all too real worst nightmare situation...

Just a quick follow up to my last post. 

Its been a few tense days after the postal service delivered my commission package to the WRONG ADDRESS!!! I checked the tracking and told Dana that it was in his mailbox to which he replied with 'no it's not...'. The tracking numbers don't work after a package has been delivered...somewhere wrong. Fuck.

Given that Dana lives in an apartment complex, you would think whomever got it by mistake would just drop it by the door of whichever apartment it was supposed to go to. However in this day and age, relying on the good of humanity to come thru is a sadly dim prospect. 

Luckily Dana was able to catch his mail man and explain the situation. Turns out the package was where it was supposed to be, in the larger parcel box (like in the image below), however he/she had mistakenly put the key for it into the wrong mailbox (which apparently hadn't been checked by it's owner yet).

Luckily they weren't warped into oblivion despite spending a few days in one of these during the daily 110 degree daily high temps!

So minis are now in his possession, and he was so pleased with them that he sent me an extra 50% in payment along with a mention of potentially 'a few' commission pieces out of his Catalyst KS minis. Luckily, I have a year at the least till I have to worry about those...

5 comments:

  1. Oof. Glad that got sorted out. UPS is the worst about this in my experience. I had them once drop off a package that was supposed to require my signature at the local Chamber of Commerce instead of my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn you for linking to that Kickstarter! Really struggling to keep myself from jumping in for a couple of Faction Packs/Dice Sets/Challenge Coins for the Ghost Bears and Wolverines.

      Delete
  2. The chamber of Commerce? WTF? The worst USPS nightmare I've had is a mini that made the rounds from one post office to another in the suburbs of Columbia SC for 6 weeks before they decided to actually deliver it to the guy that bought it (we'd both given up on it)!

    Oh and hey, you didn't have to click on it...besides, its not like you didn't know it was already out there. ;-) Best thing to do is just to go in for $1 like I did, then you can just get what you want a la carte when the pledge manager comes out at the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've rarely had issues with USPS, but some of the private carriers, particularly FedEx, have just been awful for me. The Chamber of Commerce was right across the street from my apartment at the time, but that's still pretty damn sketchy. Fortunately it had my phone # on the package and someone from the CoC called me, rather confused, and said I had a package there.

      I actually didn't know that Kickstarter was on, so you bear responsibility for that part at least ;) I'm gonna wait and see if they hit the 1.5mil mark. With mix and match on the Double Forces, the Bloodnamed level gets really tempting.

      Delete
    2. But...but, it's already over a million! It was fully funded in minutes! how could you not know??? lol.

      Eh, what the hell, sure I'll take responsibility for that! Honestly, All I'm really interested in at the moment is the IS lance of the Warhammer, Rifleman, Phoenix Hawk & Wasp. Might get more but doubt I'll go in as far as you'r pondering to.

      Delete