Monday, July 8, 2019

Getting back in gear...

o/

Death by a thousand paper cuts!
I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. Hoss and I played a game the other night after we decided to skip our planned game of Rogue Stars (largely on account of we haven't played it in forever and couldn't remember how). With our printer dead, I was left to hastily assemble a force using existing record sheets, whilst trying to make a list that wasn't a carbon copy of one used previously. 

This was our first Battletech game on our awesome new Jasper dining room/gaming table. 

As such, I ended up with my GRF-1Ar (the prototype PPC swapped out for a standard one), 3 Whitworths (my first time trying that), 2 base models and a single 1S, a tank lance consisting of 2 standard Scorpion light tanks, an AC-2 Partisan, and a defensive variant Demolisher. Lastly I had a token laser infantry platoon which did manage to hit a few times, but nothing memorable. Not the best but it ought to do in a pinch. 

Hoss' ability to roll a turret 12 critical hit location is despairing. Whilst he was grinding thru the Demolisher's armor with alarming speed, the 'crew killed' roll rendered the defensive model's thinner armor moot. Sadly, I only managed 2 AC20 hits on that Enforcer before the tank's demise. 

Hoss' PANDA-MONIUM!!! had the usual bane of my existence: the 8Q Awesome, as well as his custom 6A Jagermech, a 2H Shadow Hawk, an Enforcer, a 1N Griffin and a 6M Dervish.  

FOUR potential internal torso crit rolls in one turn on that damned Awesome, but my dice wouldn't have it and I didn't get a single one! So I'd have to content myself with having destroyed the right arm and no doubt knocking it out of service for at least a little while...

After 6 turns of the Partisan consistently landing 4-5 AC-2 rounds on his Jager every turn, Hoss' commander turned and unloaded into the Partisan. Everything hit the same, side location easily carving thru it's cardboard armor and killing the tank in one volley much to Hoss' amazement (but not mine). 

I only snapped a few pics so this isn't really a bat rep. Perhaps it should have been though as this was Hoss' first, solid win! Only a single Scorpion tank, the infantry (which he ignored) and the Whitworths survived the game, whereas he suffered no losses. We had fun though, so its all good! I was pleased with the Whitworths overall, though I'm not sure how often I'll run all three together in the future. 

6 down, 4 to go...

On the painting front: I've finished the Shadowhawk from my last post, and am about halfway thru the Battlemaster. I plan to work on that some more here shortly, with the Thunderbolt being next in line.

2 comments:

  1. The Awesome really is quite well named. That thing is just brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ought to be called the sponge (at least unofficially) given how much damage it soaks up without slowing down!

      :-/

      Delete