Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The dropship has landed!!!


Okay first up, a bit of a USPS rant here. I commented on my prior post in response to WestRider on how my last birthday purchase was circling the state of Tennessee due to the US Postal Service's gross inefficiency. The approximate driving distance my package had to go was about 1000 miles. In the end, thanks to tracking I saw that my package went about 2400 miles (and the box looked certainly looked like it upon arrival). Luckily there was lots of bubble-wrap and all arrived intact!

The 3d printing resolution is pretty good, with print lines really only noticeable on the top of the shuttle itself.

I'm super thrilled with my dropship and landing pad from Hardware Studios!! I opted for the smallest of their dropships (it's about 3.5" in diameter) due mostly to budgetary concerns so its too small to carry mechs. Instead its more of the K-1 Dropshuttle size, making for a good objective and line-of-sight blocker. It also sits perfectly on the landing pad. 

Extra gratuitous pic for no other reason then just because.

As for the pad, its quite large (9.5" x 5.5") and will occupy the space near the parking lot on my new battle mapsheet. It has an open slot on the side for a switch if you're one with the technical prowess (I am not) for LEDs or the optional magnetic setup that allows the shuttle to hover above it. The latter is quite cool but also quite expensive ($79.95 on amazon). 

These paint up in just minutes, its all dry brushing!


As you can see, these are all victims of my pilots/crews' stellar gunnery skills...


I also got some resin, textured bases for my mechs w/o the pewter tab between their feet and vehicles. I also bought two packs (totalling a dozen) 6mm scaled cardstock buildings from Gamecraft Miniatures. Whilst I certainly need more buildings beyond the pad, shuttle and these first few buildings, I'm off to a good start for my urban warfare setup. I have some Space Marines on ebay, and am hoping I can use some of the funds from those when/if they sell to also put towards more terrain (and not just bills). 

2 comments:

  1. Dude! That is awesome!

    I have to say, tho, I'm a bit distracted because I clicked through to the description of the K-1, and then there was a link to the Kickstarter and mention that they'd unlocked an UrbanMech Plushie, and that's basically all my brain is capable of registering right now XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Oh yes, I will be getting an Urbie plushie as well!

      Delete