Monday, April 3, 2023

This week in random paint jobs (part 2)

 

One of these is not like...anything else...ever.

As stated in part 1, bereft of a game to play this past Saturday evening, I opted to clear some of the half painted stuff off of my desk, the Battletech portion of which you can see above. 

Parallel parking a 20-ton mech is an absolute bitch!  

Hot feet! Hot Feet!

This is a Locust C for my Hell's Horses Iota Galaxy. The Locust C, is a refit of a captured inner sphere mech refitted with Clan weaponry for use by solahma (2nd line) mechwarriors. Given that the Iota Galaxy's mechwarriors are generally considered to be dezgra (honorless scum) its really notta bad ride. 

I've designated this class of Frankenmech the WTF-o7.

No weapons face the rear though you can see the remote sensor dispenser's ejection port at the lower waist. Naturally, said sensors have long run out with no hope of resupply. 

This...thing, was gifted to me by Kushial and I had to look it up Sarna to figure out what it even was. Frankenmechs exist only in the periphery where proper mechs are all but impossible to come by, and what few mechs that are there, are little more salvaged wreckage augmented with whatever scrap and spare parts that can be found. 

Once they reach the heavy-to-assault weight class, they're often referred to as 'Corsairs', though I'm just sticking with 'Frankenmech' for my WTF-o7. It's outfitted with an eclectic array of weaponry, armor values that vary across every location (with no consistency what-so-ever), and a half dozen or so wasted tons due to cannibalization, jury-rigging, and shit just no longer working yet not worth the effort of removing (like that sensor dispenser).

This one will be piloted by an Errant mechwarrior, basically the sole defender of a planet. A few of these Errants were the first victims of the Clans when their invasion entered the deep periphery, leading them to believe that the Inner Sphere had degraded to little more than techno-barbarism. 

Anyways, the WTF-o7 will likely fight alongside my piss-poor periphery mercs Battle Rattle. I'll probably toss in a Podunk PDF tank or two and some infantry to round out the points for a game.



3 comments:

  1. I like the legs on the skinny one. It has an old school Legion of The Damned vibe to it that has always appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks & yes it does in a way.

    The Iota galaxy doesn't have an official color scheme outside of flat black. However it's mech warriors and vehicle crews started to add flame paint jobs to their machines as they consider their unit to be the 9th level of Hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice efforts on both, always satisfying finishing paint jobs. I like my forces ragtag so your WTF 07 looks pretty cool to me!

    ReplyDelete