Monday, March 13, 2023

Enter: The Self-described 9th Level of Hell

 o/

The fist almost looks to be disembodied in front of the backdrop.

In recognition of being the MVP from my last game, I painted my primed Hellhound mech. However, rather than paint it in Snow Raven colors to match the already painted Shadow Hawk C, I instead painted it in the colors of one of my all-time favorite of BattleTech units: The Hell's Horses' Iota Galaxy, whose members refer to the unit as the ninth level of hell

The 'fire' was surprisingly simple, just requiring a bit of patience to allow each color to dry before adding the next.

The Iota galaxy is the worst of the Horses' least respectable warriors, the trouble makers, discipline problems, and problem children. Just my kind of unit! Honorable tactics are about as common in Iota as ethics and scruples. 

Lacking any unit colors barring just plain black, the mechwarriors and vehicle crews have taken to painting their machine with fiery motifs for no other reason than that they simply can. 

I knocked this mech out in under an hour which is quite a bit quicker than painting literally anything GW.

I'm debating on whether or not I'll keep the Ravens' Epsilon painted minis, or if I'll adjust their teal blue sections for fiery blue flames instead. 

1 comment: