Tuesday, October 5, 2021

St. Ives Compact border skirmish

 o/

This pic on it's own resulted in a bit of a threadought on the Battletech International FB page...


Hoss' PANDA-MONIUM!! mercenaries, no doubt in the employ of the accursed Capellan Confederation, launched a raid into the St. Ives Compact, and my St. Ives Lancers rushed to intercept! Here's how it all went down...


Turn either one or two, in which both sides (mine on the right) are closing in on one another...

My new Spider's battlefield debut occurred in the employ of Hoss. Whilst the light mech itself is faster than hell, running into point blank range of 2 medium mechs turned out to be folly. As such, the Spider blew up in the first volley. 

However on the next turn, Hoss concentrated fire on my lead Hunchback (HBK-4H). In fact, it was so concentrated that he cored out the center torso to almost the exclusion of all else, and down it went (permanently). 

The firefight starts in earnest, with my Hunchback (HBK-4SP) hammering Hoss' Jagermech, knocking it to the ground for the first time. That Jagermech would prove to be a nigh unkillable zombiemech...

This game was also my first test run of the new Suburbanmechs. With a 50% increase in speed (to a still abysmal 3/5/3) and no internal ammo to blow up I might never run a regular Urbie again! They proved quite dangerous, though as you can see, the one in the backfield fell under a withering onslaught, after it's entire left torso separated from it's body! 

4.5ish hours in my GF called to see how much longer and was kinda incredulous at the notion of it being maybe another hour or two, lol. She was hungry, but you won't like her when she's hangry! So we finished out the turn and this is where we ended up. 

Technically, Hoss' Jagermech wasn't dead with a lone point of structure holding its right leg on (pay no attention to the other pristine leg...). However there was so much internal damage, that the pilot was knocked unconscious, and he/she would have had a +7 to the piloting roll if this mech had attempted to ever get up again. It irks me that I hit most everything internal crit slot in that side torso BUT the ammo...

A late, last turn kill as I'd managed to leg one of Hoss' Panthers.

Whilst this Suburbie survived the battle, I doubt it would ever see battle again instead serving as spare parts for it's brethren.

The dead pile (notably smaller than our last game).

You may have noticed these awesome dice that Hoss both has and the above set which he gifted to me, huzzah! They keep track of all of the movement modifiers and movement rates on one handy little marker. I'd like to get a second set for myself, though they are currently out of stock.

With two mechs destroyed, and a third one effectively if not technically destroyed as well, Hoss handed me the win. That said, his Catapult, Dervish and second Panther, would all exit the field with nary a scratch on them. On my side, there was fairly moderate damage all around barring that one urbie and the K/O'ed Hunchback, and lastly my untouched Jagermech which was parked on a hilltop in the backfield, where it spent the game plinking away with mild effect all game.

As always my good friend, I look forward to our next game and once again thanks for the dice!!

1 comment:

  1. Our Games are either a Blood Bath or a bunch of staggered drunks lol

    Aye! Soon!

    ReplyDelete