Monday, May 17, 2021

Finally painting some Mechs!

 o/

In homage to the now hidden blue resin that this was printed in, the ruins on the base were painted blue.

Call sign: Yankee.

As promised in my last post, I painted up my Enforcer that took down the executioner with a lucky headshot. It seemed dumb to leave out it's lance mates, so they're in progress too...well, most of 'em. The Charger, deserves paint  for sponging a hideous amount of damage whilst refusing to simply die. However it's destined to go with The Buffet Assault Group, and as I lack their primer color currently, it remains in the mini case. Instead it was replaced in the lance by a Hunchback HBK-4SP. 


One of these is not like the others...

The Vallejo camo beige that these are all base coated with is anything but opaque. Thus, three successive coats were needed to achieve a consistent opacity. Thus whilst they were drying, I painted up a Clan Wolverine Zeta Galaxy Hoplite. This is a conversion to represent the Operation Klondike era HOP-4Cb, which is armed with a gauss rifle and SRM-6. I also painted up a base of motorized infantry to match which took no time at all. 


Stomping it's way thru the underbrush...

That yellow is such a bitch that I only added the accent stripes across the top side.

These are technically 10-ton wheeled APCs, but they're Savannah Master sized, so I used them as motorized infantry.


No comments:

Post a Comment