Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Its the Urbie Dance Squad!!

o/

Happy New Year folks! Wow, 2020....sounds futuristic doesn't it? However, rather than the far future we're still right here in the present, moving on...

Despite the inordinate amount of free time that PDF units seem to have, cleaning their mechs still doesn't seem to make it onto the duty roster...

I closed out 2019 by finishing off my 'Podunk' PDF lance, consisting of a trio of Urbies lead by an obsolete Shadowhawk SHD-1R. The Shadowhawk's LRM-5 was mismolded and looked more like an SRM-4. Somebody with decent greenstuff skillz (i.e.: not me) could've probably fixed that, but I instead trimmed the LRM and head mounted SRM launchers off making it into a SHD-1R. 

The cars, mini bus and lamp post all came from SteelWarriorStudios. The SHR-1R's base is by Gamecraft Studios.

I have a 2nd Shadowhawk in the same boat, and will likely make it into a 1R as well. Given my fondness for mediocre-to-shitty mechs, I don't see this downgrade as an issue, rather its perfect for PDF/Homeguard type of units. As such, this bunch is in urban camo, meaning it could be from most any inner sphere/periphery house or mercs, or even some really, really down on their luck pirates. 

Guess who's happy to see you???

The smiley emoji on the top of that one urbie is in recognition of it's first ever shot fired in anger that took down a pristine King Crab! I won't go into detail (again) as most folks like to remind me that I never seem to shut up about that, lol. 

These will likely not be all painted in the color scheme...

Also, some late year reinforcements rolled in in the form of a Bulldog lance. These tanks are from SteelWarriorStudios, and they scale perfectly with my Scorpion and Demolisher tanks. I think they're a vast improvement over the official model. I'm also tempted to mod the record sheet of the standard model to add in some additional armor to match what looks like appliqué armor as compared to the LRM versions.

As a Christmas present to me, I ordered a Marik decal for my truck.

Due to RL scheduling issues, there are still no dates set for games at this time (but we are trying!), despite that I'm hoping this is the year that changes my Battletech gaming from sporadic to frequent!

2 comments:

  1. It's the Marik Militia Urbanmech Dance Dance Revolution Demonstration Team! (Sorry, in joke from years ago that probably even no one else from that group remembers)

    I love the honour mark for King Crab kill. Those Bulldogs look sweet, too, and that Marik window decal is awesome. If I had a car, I'd totally have to get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, am curious what that joke is...of course bieng urbie related it could be anything. Hell, I saw an urbie lance on FB yesterday that immediately brought the power rangers to mind given their paint jobs, lol.

      Delete