Monday, November 11, 2019

The Buffet Assault Group FINALLY gets it's colors!

o/

I've only had this blog for nine months now and yet whenever my TBAGers mechs hit the table top they're always sporting a combination of either primer or bare metal. Well not anymore! 

Not something you want to see cresting an adjacent hill...

Now they're sporting a two tone medium brown and red color scheme. The legs, from the knees down are all red representing the bloody work of the mercenary profession, and then the upper torso is trimmed red as per the pilot's preference. The TBAGers logo is on the left an right sides or arms depending on wherever the decals fit (originally being meant for 15mm scaled tanks, the options for decal placement are limited).

The hip on the Stalker probably shows the primered armor plates best in these pics.

Whilst its a bit subtle, and not all that visible underneath the grime  from heavy use as well as the soot from multiple missile launches, various sections of armor plating are unpainted and instead just sporting a rust colored primer, representing newly repaired battle damage. One unit logo on the right side of the right most Awesome is missing because of this.

The decals just barely fit!

The Stalker is only sporting soot from the SRMs, as the STK-4N's 2nd LRM 10 was removed as well. I haven't finalized the mech's fit yet, but will explain this in a later in a post about the TBAGers' later history. I've tweaked the original fluff enough to make a mess of it, and I think a complete rewrite is in order.

With this mech, the lance will be able to launch 110 LRMs per turn!

Lastly, you'll note the this fire support lance's 4th mech is missing. That's because I only just ordered it recently and it has yet to arrive. I got a Longbow LGB-7Q, sculpted by Strato minis and purchased via Steel Warrior Studios. Once that arrives I'll paint it up to match. I hadn't planned to expand the unit past this lance, but they're woefully vulnerable to close range attacks and flanking maneuvers, so they do need some support...

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! That ends up working way better than I would have expected if I'd just heard "red and brown" for the colour scheme. Some places, that could actually work as camo.

    And yeah, Fire Lances never do well on their own. Gotta have some bodyguards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :-)

    In hindsight, I think one of the DCMS' Benjamin regiments also uses a red & brown scheme which does look like camo. I think it looks good and (MUCH more importantly) its a quick and easy to paint unlike some of my prior color schemes...

    And yeah I'll have to at least give em a light lance for support. Have to keep away from the new plastics though, those make these guys look rather under weight.

    ReplyDelete