Friday, June 7, 2019

Steel Warrior Studios

Okay this is pretty cool and I wanted to share:

I don't go here too often for fear of buying something...

I posted my photo of the Urbie from my last post in a Battletech FB group I belong to and Alex Clarke, the owner of Steelwarriorstudios*, noticed that the mini-bus on the base was one that he'd sent to me in my last order (it was a freebee). So liking the photo, he asked if he could use it on his website, to which I replied 'go for it!'

The next day I went to see if the photo had been posted (nope, not yet...real life (TM) is busy for everybody it seems), but before even getting to that I did a double take! The pic on the site's scrolling header already had three of my (former) minis in it! 

*The circled ones were mine.

I sold 'em years ago, and as it turns out they don't belong to Alex but rather a buddy of his, who let him borrow them for the photo. The circled minis were mine: the Hoplite is here (just scroll to the bottom of that post), and the Oro tanks can be found here

Its rare that I ever see my minis after they've been ebayed off aside from the occasional link sent by one of my gaming friends who stumbled cross one of my (usually 40k) tanks on ebay being resold again. However it makes me happy to see that years later, at least some of my old minis are still bearing their original paint jobs, and weren't simply stripped for a repaint.

*the logo and photo above are both copyrights of SteelWarriorStudios.com, and used without permission.


1 comment: