Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Enter: The Night's Watch...


I'm doing a commission job for a buddy of mine. Readers of my other blog, Da Long Ways Dezert Groop may recall my recent minor foray into the commission field in which I went rather high on the price as I wasn't too keen on the idea, and the client predictably declined to respond. In this case, I already have the miniatures in my possession. 

The Nights Watch unit logo. Luckily, he's ordering decals from Fighting Piranha Graphics, so painting the above is NOT my problem!

Dana (the client) is an old buddy of mine going way back to when I was about...19ish? For those wondering I'm starting to get dangerously close to 44!?! We've been gaming adversaries, drinking buddies (especially back when we were in the SCA), wingmen when on the prowl, roommates, etc., etc.. Regardless, we've always kept in touch and have both traveled several hundred miles to be at each others weddings. In short, he's kinda like an older brother to me. 

So, having seen several photos of my mechs posted in a Battletech FB page/group that we're both in, he asked me if I'd be interested in doing a commission to paint his new starter box minis for him. We settled on a price (no, no high ball this time...in fact my Beloved Wolfy thinks I went too low), and he sent the minis to me. 

Like the logo above, they're to be black with red highlights/accents. Nothing else to go by other than that. Of course I've threatened purple with pink polkadots, but I would never do anything like that... (hehehe)

We've already hit a snag...

I'll think of something I guess. I intended to prime them all this evening, but it seems my can was empty resulting in little more than a sad speckling (well now that just sounds wrong...). So starting this project will be delayed by a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment