o/
How many Star League Defense Forces (SLDFs) are we up to now? Three, I think? Seriously, if the first two didn't work out, why keep reinventing the same thing expecting it to work this time. Sounds like something our imbicilic government would do, I thought the whole concept of this kind of hobby was to get away from reality?
But I digress...
In theory, the original Star League often had whole regiments composed of a single mech chassis, with the only variety coming from subvariants. It makes sense, eases logistics, and the loss of one mech doesn't really hurt anything. That said, I can't think a regiment of Stingers (while comical) would be the best thing to take a planet with.
It is also not that much fun to play or perhaps play against (my all-Mercury list is like a middle finger farm). As such, thus far in my newly painted faction that will likely never see battle since the Ilkhan is where it is at (apparently). I have a lance of Hoplites, with a second clan star of varied designs in progress.
I have no unit decals as usual, and pay no attention to the blue, yellow & white stripes on the arms. That's the scheme of no unit in particular, or worth mentioning **cough** Wolverines **cough**. Okay, so the clan star will be an Operation Klondike unit build, though they may revert back to an SLDF lance in the event that they want to take a little jaunt back to the Inner Sphere at some point.
Regardless, the Wolverines divested themselves of their Hoplites when the proto-Clan formed its Touman. Still in the primed stage I have of course a Wolverine, a Firefly and lastly a Lancelot. The latter being an otherwise extinct mech (in its original form) when the Wolverines-turned-Minnesota tribe were noted to have fielded at least one on their little trip across the DCMS.






No comments:
Post a Comment