Wednesday, November 23, 2022

UM-R68, The Anime Missile SPAM Urbie!

 o/

Every. Single. Turn.

It's not quite WYSIWYG but...close enough (and better than most Battletech variants). 

The spent shell ejection port is instead a vent for excess missile fumes.

Anime missile spam, that's what this Urbie is all about! Dropping the big gun for an MRM-30, this little red Urbie is a beast! Unfortunately, I don't have a generic missile face plate that goes up to 30 holes tubes, but the LRM-20 face plate gets the point across. Assuming this works as well as I hope it will, I'm tempted to make another just like it!

Once the ammo hopper runs dry, this is what you'll see as it waddles off into the sunset..


6 comments:

  1. I can see the anime bullet time moments in my mindseye! Next up, an Urbie dropkicking an Atlas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you just need to take it one step farther for ultimate completion. Make it an Urbie LAM for that anime spaghetti missile stream goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst I have found a record sheet for it, I have yet to find a 3D-print of one anywhere. Sad Face.

      Delete
  3. They have a faster reload cycle, being able to fire each tube once every ~6.7 seconds instead of every 10, so it averages out to 30 missiles per 10 seconds from 20 tubes. Sorted! (I mean, hey, if FASA could do it for the 5 tube LRM-20 on the Atlas, it's fair game here!)

    Also, I second Kushial: You need to do an Urbie LAM now!

    ReplyDelete