Thursday, November 10, 2022

The first Urbie is painted!

Just taking in the fall colors along with all of the other tourists...

Shut up Kushial, nobody wants to hear about the battalion you painted in the same span of time it took me to paint just this one! (...sigh...) This is the first of my fourteen Urbies and unlike Kushial, I doubt I'll have anymore than a single lance in the same color scheme.

Rather it'll be more like: AN URBIE FOR EVERYBODY!

As for this one, it's painted in the colors of the 1st St. Ives Cheveau-Legers (Light Horse). Originally I had intended to make a unit of the St. Ives Lancers, but I liked the blue trim more than yellow. So onto the light horse it is!

Nothing stops traffic like an Urbie!

Being a Capellan unit first, and then of the later independent St. Ives Compact arguably at least one more Urbie ought to join this one, but we'll see I guess... 

6 comments:

  1. "You get an Urbie, and you get an Urbie, and you get an Urbie! Urbies for everyone!"

    Painting blue trim rather than yellow seems like a pretty compelling reason to pick a unit to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, exactly!

      Also, as none of the Lancers mechs were fully painted yet, making the switch was pretty easy to do.

      Delete
  2. Hey, it's not my fault that as a less than skilled painter that I use color schemes that are simple and tend towards batch painting rather than detailed and crisp colors all across the spectrum. Primer, dry brush, pick out some details, basic basing, and that's it I'm done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mind is still trying to process just what it is that you'll with that many Urbies...

      Delete
    2. Pffft, the "what to do with them" pales in comparison to the sheer greatness of that many Urbies all assembled together.

      Delete