Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Recent acquisitions and a few repaints

 o/


Long time no post because...well, there hasn't been a whole hellova lot going on aside from the usual array of sporadic games lined up only to be postponed indefinitely if not just outright cancelled. I got my Clan KS stuff, and then summarily sold off most of it. Just not much of a fan outside of Solahma forces. I've also been acquiring a small horde of 3D printed mechs and tanks. 

Below is a gallery of what all I've gotten (aside from that beautifully resculpted Urbie above), and what little I've painted: 

The Enforcer: Simple, rugged, and very utilitarian. Still, it looks infinitely better than the old metal sculpts. 

The two Missile carriers came with hatches to optionally cover the launchers, those will be added to that these will be able to represent the LRM, MRM and SRM variants. Two Vedettes are in the foreground, and a 'freebee' Demolisher II in back. Again, all are vastly superior to the original sculpts (well, barring perhaps the D II).

Aside from the Urbie, all I kept from the Kickstarter was the Puma (my favorite clan mech), Grayson Carlyle's Marauder (or a Marauder C in my case) and the two points of Elementals which look amazing!! Also there are a pair of 3D printed Crabs, and a Piranha which was also a freebee due to being damaged. However said damage is minor and can easily be passed off as battle damage whenever I paint it. 

The Demolisher is the only originally painted mini (i.e.: not a repaint) in quite some time across all game systems. The Clan Pike on the other hand has so many layers of paint slathered upon it's hull that it ought to act as ablative armor by this point (both for the Hell's Horses Eta Galaxy, though are generic enough to be most anybody). 

The Whitworth is also a repaint, for a forthcoming former SLDF mercs/Pentagon Powers force (pay no attention to the monster attacking it from behind...). The Hoplite in back is new and is a custom conversion representing a Hoplite IIC armed with a HAG-20, LRM-5 with art. IV, and an AP Gauss rifle. 

Lastly, the Mauler was also a freebee 2nd, with a mis-molded arm. I replaced it with the arm or a 3D printed Dragon that I didn't like making it into a 'Franken-Mech'. Also not pictured but recently purchased is a 3rd Hunchback (an HBK-4P) and a Charger that looks fantastic!

Tentatively I have a game set up with Screech this coming Wednesday, however being an already once postponed game, I'm not holding my breath. Sometimes it's best to just wait until the holidays are over to resume normal gaming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment