Friday, February 22, 2019

In the beginning...

o/

I've been thinking of moving my Battletech posts off of my main blog, Da Long Wayz Dezert Groop for awhile now. Or rather, to just discontinue updating them on there. Dunno why, I guess that in my mind The Buffet Assault Group (a.k.a.: TBAGers) have taken on enough of a life of their own (in my mind) to justify their own blog.

 No, this won't be updated twice weekly (on average) like da' groop, and will no doubt have a lesser viewership, but I've been wanting to start a secondary blog so I figured I'd just give it a go.

My one painted TBAGers mech.
The round base isn't attached.
The TBAGers started off originally, as a 1-man (me) corp in EVE online, followed by an army for the 15mm Gruntz game system which I never actually played due to the convoluted rule system, and finally were ported over to Classic Battletech. They will make their battlefield debut there this coming Saturday vs. my buddy Hoss.

The TBAGers fluff has also gone thru a considerable evolution, varying from game system to game system. This is what it is currently:


*****

Sadly, these records have been lost to the ravages of the Succession wars and will need to be rewritten at a later date. 

*****

...and so there you have it, the beginning of hopefully another successful gaming blog, though we shall see...

9 comments:

  1. Looks interesting and coming up with new mercenary groups is always fun in BattleTech, though for some reason all my created ones tend to get folded into more established commands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this one's fluff (and game system) has changed a multitude of time, however the name & logo have stuck around for a few years now. While not visible in the pic, the Awesome above has the unit logo decals on the sides, and I have plenty more of those for future minis!

      Also you posted this blog's FIRST EVER comment! (applauds)

      Delete
    2. I got to be the first follower as well, which is cool too. Going to be working on some more of the Arkab Legion tonight and hope to get a couple more lances of those done up.

      Delete
  2. The first follower...almost sounds religious, maybe you ought to work on some wobblies instead! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, Arkab will be religious enough for me, plus the WoBs are my least favorite of all the factions. I'd put together a Capellan force before I'd do WoB.

      Delete
  3. A good start. I have to say, Stefan Amaris was enough of an asshole that it's kind of tainted my view of anyone from the RWR. But on the flipside, anyone who worked well with the FWL, I have to be down with ;)

    Your chronology seems to be a bit off, tho. Even tho the history of the Amaris Civil War is usually recounted starting from Richard Cameron's succession to the role of First Lord in 2751, the war as such didn't break out until late 2766. That doesn't leave enough time for Styner to put in 30 years with the Lyran Alliance before forming her own Merc group in 2785, even if her family were casualties of the very first actions of the war. The previous major conflict there was the Reunification War, which ended in 2597, way too early to fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...well fooey. Alrighty then, I revised it to 'almost 20 years...' just using the timeline you've listed (kinda lazy butit works for now I suppose).

      Originally...the unit's fluff was that Styner actually was a Steiner, distant cousin of the royals, and was one of the commanders officers of the Dixie CTM who was sacked following the FWL raid on that world in 3050. With her unit's name being a play on the (justifiable) accusation that she was a social general herself.

      Delete
    2. That is kind of hilarious, but I think I prefer the current version. Not least simply because I'd rather play Succession Wars era than post-Clan Invasion, hands down.

      Delete