Friday, January 26, 2024

A little bit o' paint, and another 20ish years to go with it!

 o/

One's fast and Nimble, the other is a slug.

I'm finishing out this week by showing off the latest two additions (which includes my 14th and final painted Urbie) to this blog's namesake command: The Buffet Assault Group. Last year the TBAGers lost their two Stingers to the Hell's Horses Iota Galaxy because the Clan refit of the Stinger is sooooo much better than anything the Inner Sphere has to offer. 

The unit icon is visible on the Phoenix Hawk's leg. The Urbie is sporting one as well in the same location.

Those losses dropped the TBAGers down to a mere 5 painted mechs, whereas now I'm one short (again) of a fully painted demi-company. These two unlike my other TBAGer mechs, aren't sporting any primer gray replacement armor plating and/or salvaged whole body parts from other mechs. This means that either (A) they didn't survive the Andurien Crisis contract or (B) came afterwards. I'm leaning towards the latter...

A pic from last night's Alpha Strike game in which my Blood Money mercenaries were unsuccessful in fighting off Screech's Name Pending© mercenaries. The biggest highlight of the game was turn three I think, in which we collectively lost 6 mechs!

I had been limiting the TBAGers lifespan from the 3030s to the 3040 or so. Meaning their first contract in support of the Duchy of Andurien was also their last. However, as we so often play in the Civil War era (3060s), this leaves them woefully outclassed technology-wise. As such, I'm thinking that they managed to somehow pull their shattered unit back together after being expelled from Marik space and survived as a (somewhat) functional command into at least the FedCom civil war.

2 comments:

  1. 14 Urbies seems a bit light. But nice to seeing the ranks filling back out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, at most I only have 2 in the same color scheme.

    ReplyDelete