Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Hell's Horses Iota Galaxy Piranha

 o/

This unassuming little mech is very much something to be feared!

Just a quick post to show you that the murder machine is done! In Classic Battletech I've never had much success with the Piranha. Instead its been a distraction that is notoriously time consuming to roll for, while at the same time failing to hit with most every machine gun. 

In Alpha Strike, I renamed this mech the 'Gank!' because it did just that to several of Screech's much heavier mechs.

More recently it got it's Alpha Strike debut where Screech failed to kill it before it closed to short range. In Alpha Strike, the Piranha is an absolute MURDER MACHINE! All the more so when it gets into the rear arc, potentially inflicting up to 6 points of damage per turn!

As such, this well earned paint job was long overdue. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think they can have a place in Classic, but yes definitely as a skirmisher and harasser. Mine did pretty well keeping your Dragon tied up while my heavier hitters pushed in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't help that my dice were rolling so bad that it couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. 1-2 turns of just average rolls and I'd have been hitting MG ammo bins

      Delete